RUSHFORD, Minn. (WKBT) - A scheduled power outage began at 1 p.m. Thursday near Rushford, Minnesota due to a transmission line that has been blinking.
Special equipment placed on the line Tuesday, helped isolate the problem area to a section of ITC Midwest's transmission line near Rushford, a release from MiEnergy said.
A cause has not been determined, but crews from ITC and Dairyland Power Cooperative are replacing about a dozen insulators in the area Thursday afternoon, December 7.
ITC estimates the outage may last up to six hours and will affect clients within the City of Rushford.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill