LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Thousands of people are without power in the La Crosse and Onalaska area.
According to Xcel Energy, reports of power outages started coming in around 5 p.m. Representatives for the electrical company said about 4,800 customers are affected by the outages.
Crews have been sent to the area to fix the cause of the outage.
Traffic lights near the mall are not working. News 8 saw traffic backed up around the area.
This is a developing story. We will have more information when it becomes available.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders to hold town hall in Decorah
- Eleva family creates corn maze honoring Wounded Warrior Project
- Allergy Associates of La Crosse releases peanut allergy treatment research
- 11 Minnesota State Fair visitors sickened by E. coli
- Widows ask lawmakers to OK police insurance bill
- First peanut allergy drug close to FDA approval
- La Crosse County to get two new full-time prosecutors
- Garden education lessons help future educators in La Crosse
- Coulee Region Job Fair to provide range of opportunities for job seekers in area
- Grand Crossing Trail closed until Thursday