LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Thousands of people are without power in the La Crosse and Onalaska area.
According to Xcel Energy, reports of power outages started coming in around 5 p.m. Representatives for the electrical company said about 4,800 customers are affected by the outages.
Crews have been sent to the area to fix the cause of the outage.
Traffic lights near the mall are not working. News 8 saw traffic backed up around the area.
This is a developing story. We will have more information when it becomes available.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- More river cruise boats could come to La Crosse
- Name released in Jackson Co. fatal crash
- Town of Gale and surrounding areas bouncing back after tornado
- Coon Valley officials to host Trout Fest despite more flood damage
- Group of tubers rescued on Black River
- Home sales slump in Wisconsin as compared to 2018
- Open house Tuesday for La Crosse's outgoing chief of police
- La Crosse Concert Band makes donation to Bandshell Consortium
- Preserving more than 14,000 acres of forest land approved
- Businesses favored GOP with cash in first half of 2019