MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - Foundation installation for the Badger Coulee Transmission Line Project is set to begin in the La Crosse County area.
Ground crews will be installing foundations this week, followed by pole setting, wire stringing and post-construction restoration. The project is expected to be complete by the end of 2018.
“We’d like to remind drivers to stay safe, keep their focus on the road, and avoid stopping on highway shoulders to watch construction,” said ATC Project Manager Jacob Valentine. “It’s also important for members of the public to stay a safe distance away from construction activity and vehicles.”
Below is a map of Construction Segment 8 of the project, which runs north to south from the Blair area to Holmen.
Maps of the entire project can be found here.
- Canoers paddle in Coon Creek Canoe Races a year after widespread flooding
- Law enforcement: Dead passenger and injured driver found about 5 miles apart
- Reports say stolen Hy-Vee account information being sold
- Rural Wisconsin community holds its first LGBTQ+ Pride Festival
- More than 300 volunteers kick off a year of service with Viterbo
- Wisconsin leads nation in family farm bankruptcies
- Prairie Du Chien scores late touchdown to stun Aquinas 7-6 in season opener
- Lueth Park celebrates 20 years of skating
- Runners take off from runway in aviation event
- Seven area artists show their works at artPOP art show