LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Billiards players from across the state met over the weekend in La Crosse to compete in the largest tournament in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Amusement and Music Operators held their 31st annual pool tournament in the La Crosse Center Starting on Wednesday and ending Sunday. The tournament featured 790 singles players and 295 teams playing on roughly 160 tables. On Sunday, the final 16 teams competed for the championship at 6 p.m.
Directors of the tournament said the players love coming to La Crosse.
"Well the players like La Crosse. La Crosse has got quite a few taverns for them to go to after they're done playing. Last night, the place I ate dinner, they commented how nice the players were and what a good group that they didn't have any problems with them being rowdy or anything," said tournament director Dale Saunders.
In 2019 WAMO will bring their dart tournament to the La Crosse Center and will feature nearly 12,000 participants.
- Winona State football program cleans up city
- Local residents clean up downtown for Earth Day
- Local educators recognized for achievements
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- Western Technical College holds commencement ceremony for graduates
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly