MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - Republican Gov. Scott Walker and Democratic challenger State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tony Evers will meet for their first debate Friday night in Madison.
The hour-long debate, hosted by the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association and at WMTV studios in Madison, will be broadcast on WKBT-TV and livestreamed on News8000.com and on our Facebook Page at 8 p.m.
This will be the first meeting of the two candidates during the 2018 campaign season.
Panelists from Madison will ask questions of the candidates, and include, from our sister station, WISC-TV Chief Political Reporter Jessica Arp.
The WBA Foundation has been hosting statewide televised debates for 30 years.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- La Crosse County buildings, properties to go smoke-free starting this weekend
- Cher offers to pay for expenses for anyone who sues MMSD over recent employee firing
- VIDEO: La Crosse Center holds Public Input Session, video walk through
- Wisconsin students walk out to protest racial slur firing
- Pearl Street Brewery hosts retirement party for Brewmaster Randy Hughes
- University of Wisconsin sees decrease in enrollment
- Field of Screams: A family-friendly Halloween celebration
- Leadercast holds female-focused leadership event
- UW-La Crosse working extra hard to attract students
- La Crosse County buildings will be smoke-free