LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Candidates on the ballot Tuesday are continuing to travel across Wisconsin encouraging people to get out and vote.
Senator Ron Johnson was joined by Speaker of the House Paul Ryan on a bus tour across the state Friday, including a stop at Kwik Trip headquarters in La Crosse.
Ryan says he's supporting Johnson because of what he calls a record of getting things done during his short time in Washington.
"We have an agenda that we're taking to the country, to turn this country around and fix this country's problems," said Ryan. "Ron Johnson is a part of the solution. Russ Feingold will be a part of the problem."
Johnson agreed, saying he wants to get back to Washington to finish what he started in his first term.
"I'm looking forward to getting back there in 2017 with Speaker Ryan and addressing these problems, these serious challenges facing America and it all starts with economic growth, reducing regulatary burden, having a competitive tax system, and keeping energy prices low," said Johnson.
Ryan also says he's interested in staying Speaker of the House once Congress reconvenes after the election. Even though the two work in different branches of Congress, Johnson says he would support Ryan continuing as Speaker.
"We want him to be Speaker. Paul is such a person of integrity, idea, courage, political courage, that's exactly what we need in the Speakership. So I'm a big Paul Ryan fan."
The duo will continue to campaign around the state tomorrow, including a stop with Vice Presidential candidate Mike Pence in Mukwanago.
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill
- Prairie du Chien's Matt Antoine comes up short in pursuit of Olympic medal
- Local school districts discuss security measures following Florida mass shooting
- Backpacks donated to local police departments in memory of young murder victim
- Health experts point to lack of residential treatment access for drug addicts
- Community efforts continue to restore Myrick duck house
- ‘Alcohol czar' bill vote canceled
- 911 system celebrates 50 years of service