LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Lee Nerison will keep his seat in the 96th Assembly for a 7th term.
Democrat Alicia Leinberger, a resident of Viroqua, announced her candidacy to upseat Republican incumbent Nerison back in May.
Nerison has occupied the seat since 2004.
Leinberger said she was more representative of those in her district, working through trade and market issues with dairy farmers and producers.
The 96th Assembly District covers Crawford, Vernon and parts of Monroe counties.
- Onalaska Police Chief submits resignation
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 24, 2018