MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Dan Kelly has outraised his two more liberal opponents over the first six months of the year.
The conservative Kelly is being challenged by Dane County Circuit Judge Jill Karofksy and Marquette University Law School professor Ed Fallone. The election is in April and the first campaign finance reports showing how well the candidates were doing in raising money were due Monday.
Kelly's campaign reported raising nearly $244,000 through June. That is more than double the $121,000 Karofsky's campaign says she raised. That included a $15,000 loan Karofsky made to her campaign.
Fallone trailed in fundraising, bringing in $73,000, which included a $20,000 personal loan.
Kelly has about $238,000 cash on hand compared with nearly $111,000 for Karofsky and about $50,000 for Fallone.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Former Miss Wisconsin Outstanding Teen claims Miss La Crosse Oktoberfest crown
- Wisconsin will not join tentative settlement agreement with Purdue Pharma
- Oktoberfest USA Medallion has been found
- Concordia Ballroom gets dancers up to speed with free polka lessons
- King Apple Parade marches through La Crescent
- Retired Air Force major general introduces new book to area veterans
- Hmong New Year Festival helps bond community members
- Presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders to stop in Decorah
- UW-La Crosse soccer loses thriller in double overtime against Coe College
- UW-La Crosse volleyball extends winning streak to three