DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Campaign workers for Iowa Democratic gubernatorial candidate Cathy Glasson have unionized.
The Campaign Workers Guild says in a press release Wednesday that a union contract was ratified this week for Glasson's campaign staff. The new national guild says it's the first electoral campaign in Iowa history to unionize. It marks the latest group of political campaign workers to unionize around the country.
Glasson is a nurse and president of the Service Employees International Union Local 199, which represents Iowa workers at schools and health facilities. She is one of six Democrats seeking the party nomination this year in the June gubernatorial primary, along with two Libertarians. They're running to unseat Republican Gov. Kim Reynolds in the November election.
- La Crosse Valley View Mall confirms Herberger's liquidation
- Local event aims to support veteran families
- Weather related cancellations for April 18
- Wisconsin Elections Commission to use federal grant money for fall elections
- Assignment: Education - Spartan SOUP
- Backpage seized by federal government
- Crypto outbreak spreads from La Crosse across Wisconsin
- La Crosse elementary school joins prestigious global program
- Two arrested in Trempealeau Co. drug bust
- Students raise funds for a new piano