ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Republican Karin Housley says she won't seek a rematch against Democratic U.S. Sen. Tina Smith next year.
Instead, Housley said Tuesday she intends to run for another term in the Minnesota Senate.
Housley, of St. Marys Point, told Minnesota Public Radio News she wants to have a family life. Her husband, Phil, recently took a new hockey coaching job for the Arizona Coyotes after having spent last season with the Buffalo Sabres.
Housley was the Republican nominee last year against Smith, who was appointed to fill Sen. Al Franken's seat after the Democrat resigned in early 2018.
Smith beat Housley by more than 10 percentage points in the election to fill the remaining two years in Franken's term. Next year's election will determine who fills the seat for a six-year term.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Thousands shop for Halloween decoration and more at Fall Gift & Craft Show
- Police: Man transported to hospital after incident with roommate
- Regional first responders test skill and teamwork with year's largest drill
- Local author and breast cancer survivor has signing for book
- Youth Sports Safety Symposium hopes to keep student athletes healthy into adulthood
- Mayo Clinic study shows toxic chemicals may be to blame for vaping-related illnesses
- Coulee Region Hunger Walk/Run refocuses local efforts on feeding neighbors
- Experts: Flu vaccine is important precaution, especially for pregnant women
- Southbound traffic on Mormon Coulee Road to be temporarily restricted
- Motorist dies after September crash in Monroe County
- La Crosse Regional Airport offering TSA Pre-Check enrollment
- Winona State blows past Minot State 49-3
- Past of area parks heard during Voices from the Past cemetery walk
- Election security council to hold first public meeting
- La Crescent-Hokah boys soccer hangs on against Pine Island in MSHSL section quarterfinal