TOWN OF BELOIT, Wis. - The search for a missing elderly town of Beloit man continued Thursday as law enforcement comb two routes between Madison and Beloit, officials said.
The Rock County Sheriff's Office said deputies are continuing search efforts for 84-year-old Stuart Austin, 84, who was last seen around noon on Jan. 3 in Madison.
According to friends and family, Austin avoided traveling on the interstate and typically drove to Madison via Highways 51 and 213.
On Thursday, deputies were methodically driving Highways 51 and 213 and connecting roads searching for Austin’s missing white 2013 Lincoln MKS with Wisconsin plates 308-FCL. The rear of the car has a a Wounded Warrior Project sticker.
The sheriff's office said it's asking all property owners along Highways 51 and 213 to check for the missing vehicle. Call 911 if the car is spotted.
Deputies will slowly drive as well as walk the areas. Deputies will be driving marked and unmarked vehicles and a few deputies will be not be in uniform.
Anyone with information on Austin's whereabouts is urged to call 608-757-7911.
- Schools & Weather related cancellations for Tuesday, Feb. 20
- Wis. Supreme Court primary today
- Spring primary ballot will include school referendum in West Salem
- Wisconsin tweaks dairy insurance program
- Walker pushes health care plan ahead of state Senate vote
- Volunteers aim to keep seniors sharp with virtual reality
- La Crosse residents brave icy conditions following freezing rain
- Project to bring apartments, preschool, commercial space to downtown Winona
- Wisconsin attorney general open to allowing guns in schools
- Results of sexual assault kit leads to arrest in 2008 assault