LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An app is making it easier for police departments to ask for community assistance, including here in La Crosse.
The La Crosse Area Crime Stoppers partnered with Anderson Software to create a better way to receive anonymous community tips. Tips made through the "P3 Tips" app have no length limitations and can include images, video and documents.
La Crosse Area Crime Stoppers hopes the app improves public communication.
"It's really helpful for us to interact with a tipster in real time and ultimately connect that information to the law enforcement so they can investigate the case,” said La Crosse Area Crime Stoppers Board of Directors Member Adam Hatfield.
All tips made through the app are still anonymous.
You can find the app through the Apple and Google Play stores. Just search for 'P3 Tips'.
You can still submit tips the old fashioned way too, through a phone call or email.
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Carfentanyl makes its way to La Crosse, leading to more doses of Narcan
- La Crosse man charged with assault, woman hid in gas station
- Settlement related to defective Takata airbag system reached
- Watch The Decorah Eagles- LIVE
- Xcel Energy named one of World's Most Admired Companies
- Vino Fest features Wisconsin wines with help from tourism grant
- Teen arrested for bringing loaded gun to Madison school
- Shelters open amid Midwest flooding as rivers keep rising
- Public meeting held on Hwy. 35 reconstruction plan