PLATTEVILLE, Wis. (AP) - Police say a perceived threat that prompted the closure of schools in Platteville did not involve a social media post about a potential active shooter, as previously reported.
Authorities tell WKOW-TV and WISC-TV that the incident involved a person who was threatening to harm himself, close to the high school.
Police didn't find the person but said they did recover weapons.
Superintendent Connie Valenza says officials canceled classes to ensure student safety.
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Carfentanyl makes its way to La Crosse, leading to more doses of Narcan
- La Crosse man charged with assault, woman hid in gas station
- Settlement related to defective Takata airbag system reached
- Watch The Decorah Eagles- LIVE
- Xcel Energy named one of World's Most Admired Companies
- Vino Fest features Wisconsin wines with help from tourism grant
- Teen arrested for bringing loaded gun to Madison school
- Shelters open amid Midwest flooding as rivers keep rising
- Public meeting held on Hwy. 35 reconstruction plan