CLEAR LAKE, Iowa (AP) - Members of two snowmobile clubs say they're planning a new event to replace the memorial snowmobile race on Clark Lake that's been canceled after its 10-year run.
The North Iowa Snow Seekers and the Hancock County Snowmobile Association say the event will operate under a new name and format. Snow Seekers treasurer Mindy Eastman told the Mason City Globe Gazette that the name for the new racing event hasn't yet been decided but will be announced soon. She says the event tentatively has been set for Feb. 8.
Organizers of the Jack Helgren Memorial Race say the event has been discontinued because members of the original organizational group have decided to retire. It had been named after Jack Helgren, an area businessman, former snowmobile dealer and avid racer who died in 2009.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Highway 33 between Highway 27 and County Highway PC is closed due to a vehicle crash
- Police: Victim of fatal stabbing near Milwaukee from Onalaska
- Healthcare Careers Open House offers look at Gundersen job openings
- Baldwin: Go Pack Go Act could help Wisconsinites watch Packers games, and more
- Health officials: Mysterious, rare and sometimes fatal fungal infection on the rise in region
- Lane closure on part of Copeland Avenue starting
- Roadwork in village of Rockland expanding
- La Crosse PD K9 to retire early
- Onalaska man wins big in the Wisconsin Lottery
- Braun's grand slam lifts Brewers past Cardinals 7-6