LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A group of fury friends are looking to leave the animal shelter for a more permanent home.
Pet Smart and the Coulee Region Humane Society are teaming up Saturday to connect shelter animals with area families.
Since the start of the year, the shelter has taken in more than 175 animals.
As part of PetSmart's National Adoption Day, the Coulee Region Humane Society set up shop at the Pet Smart store in Onalaska to give the animals some more exposure.
Volunteers with the Humane Society say the event is a way to help adopt those pets who may be overlooked.
You can find a full list of animals currently at the shelter by going on to the humane society's website.
- Weather related closings/delays for Monday, February 19
- Genzie's Gameday Pub hosts 2nd annual soup cook-off for the troops
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Robotics teams from all over the region meet for a preseason scrimmage
- Doctors emphasize the benefits of exercising at target heart rate
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- WIAA boys basketball playoff brackets released
- Lazzaris adds international flair to state meet
- Central-Logan boys skiers highlight day 2 of Ski & Snowboard Championships
- La Crosse officials help foster parents make scrap books