LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A retirement party is scheduled for Brewmaster Randy Hughes, who is celebrating 42 years in the brewing industry.
Pearl Street Brewery, located at 1401 Saint Andrew Street, will host the event Saturday, October 19, from 1 to 5 p.m.
At 3 p.m, Rep. Billings and Sen. Shilling will present Hughes a Legislative Citation for his long career in the brewing industry.
The event is free and open to the public.
Hughes spent 24 years as the Brewmaster at City Brewing and was involved in Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine, and Cheese Festival and the annual tapping of the Golden Keg at La Crosse Oktoberfest for many years.
City Brewing employees may receive 1 free pint of the "Randy Hughes: Last Fest Bier" a marzen-style Oktoberfest Lager with employee I.D (while supplies last).
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- La Crosse man in jail after threatening to blow up police, building
- AG announces $1.5m to expand drug and diversion courts
- Armed robbery in Onalaska under investigation
- Wisconsin girl with inspirational love of dogs dies at age 8
- Walz calls for public hearings to break insulin impasse
- Two Onalaska children's artwork to be featured in 2020 Culver's Calendar
- Caledonia canine wins national title in police dog competition
- Study: Invasive species starving out native fish in Mississippi River
- More young people are being diagnosed with diabetes
- Rising cost of insulin concerns health professionals