LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Community members have the chance to say goodbye to La Crosse's Chief of Police.
An open house and retirement event for current chief Ron Tischer will be held tomorrow at City Hall.
Chief Tischer has served as the Chief of the La Crosse Police Department since 2012.
He is the 17th chief to lead the department.
Tischer has taken a position as Police Chief for the Town of Payson Arizona.
The event is Tuesday from 10 to 11 in the morning in the lobby of La Crosse's City Hall.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- La Crosse police arrest 3 in north side shots fired incident
- Board to hear former inmate's demand for $5.7 million
- Law signed by President Trump could extend benefits to more Vietnam War veterans
- Minnesota offers grants to replace diesel equipment, vehicles with green alternatives
- Cyclist raising awareness, funds to help decrease mass shootings
- Sen. Tammy Baldwin supports funding for Mississippi River locks and dams
- Major League Fishing REDCREST Tournament kicks-off
- Health tips from experts about Fall allergies
- Breast Cancer study closes enrollment after more than 500 enroll
- Temporary lane closure on Losey Blvd. on La Crosse's southside