WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - After a little more than two years, the Panther Den in West Salem is ready for visitors. The School district's new sports facility had an open house Saturday.
The Panther Den's gymnastics training facility was where West Salem's co-op gymnastics team practiced as they advanced to state competition.
It also makes West Salem High School the third school in Wisconsin to have their own hockey rink.
The facility not only benefits students, but the whole community as well.
"Now we have a facility that we can utilize as a whole. We are also looking to be able to make this facility available for other events, whether it's expo's, whether it's boat shows or what other items anyone can come up with," said West Salem School Board member Ken Schlimgen.
The Panther Den can also be used for P.E. activities, and offers space for several other sports programs to practice well.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Winona woman taken to hospital after being struck by train
- Man injured after ATV rolls, lands on him in Vernon County
- Burn ban goes into effect because of high risk for wildfires
- Authorities investigating cause of barn fire near Sparta
- Failed breaker in Genoa causes power outages in area
- Winona non-profit gives back to homeless in community
- New interim director named for the La Crosse Regional Airport
- St. Paul's Lutheran Church observes Easter Eve with Guarding of the Tomb
- Pilot loses control of plane, crashes nose down at Reedsburg Airport, police say
- Judge delays hearing for couple suspected in baby's death