BRICE PRAIRIE, Wis. (WKBT) - It's been a week since severe storms that produced strong winds and even a few tornadoes. In some areas, the damage is still visible.
That includes at Red Pines Bar and Grill in Brice Prairie, where the wind blew dozens of trees and restaurant patio furniture across the property.
Despite the damage, the restaurant never closed and co-owner Corinna Todd says most of the trees were cleaned up by the next morning.
"It was just a scary situation and with trees falling left and right, and just the whole way everything blew through the patio and the video that's out there, it was just scary and we're just really lucky that it wasn't a lot worse," said Todd.
A couple of campers on the property suffered major damage, but nobody was hurt.
- Carfentanyl makes its way to La Crosse, leading to more doses of Narcan
- Heart attack survivor praises exercise as life-changing
- La Crosse man charged with assault, woman hid in gas station
- Car goes through ice on Lake Onalaska, owner rescued
- Federal tuition tax deduction back on the books
- First public meeting held on Trane All-Abilities Park funding campaign
- Gander Outdoors opens in Onalaska
- Students learn robotics, design during first-hand lesson on engineering at Trane
- Public meeting held on Hwy. 35 reconstruction plan
- Local students hold candlelight vigil for Florida school shooting victims