LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - On student was injured and another is in police custody following an altercation at Lincoln Middle School Wednesday.
Principal Melissa Murray sent a message to families ensuring parents that children and staff were safe and never in harms way. School staff were required to keep the students in classrooms to avoid the necessary blood clean up as a result of the conflict.
According to Sgt. Walsh of the City of La Crosse Police Department, one student was taken into custody because of the altercation. The investigation is ongoing.
In the message, Principal Murray asked that students who witnessed and possibly video taped the altercation to not share the content on social media. Murray asked parents to check students personal and school device and report any video to the school resource officer.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Bicyclists honor EMS workers with a special memorial ride
- City of La Crescent celebrates hotel ribbon cutting
- Evers reviews last-minute budget changes from Assembly Republicans
- Loggers plan to "Paint the Park Purple" to support fight against Alzheimer's
- LeaderEthics Wisconsin give Trump failing grades
- Veterans Assistance Program helps provide affordable housing for military veterans
- Alcohol believed to be factor in Jackson County crash
- Wisconsin justices say governor should oversee school policy
- Temporary street closure on south side La Crosse
- Illinois becomes 11th state to allow recreational marijuana
- Juvenile peregrine falcon found hopping in La Crosse alley
- Man accused of 2nd Degree Sexual Assault of a child released on signature bond
- La Crosse Assistant Police Chief says bond system is broken
- Cranberry farmers seeing positive prices after setting aside crops in 2018
- "Country Boom" returns for its second year with improvements