ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - One person has died in a car crash in Onalaska.
It happened around 3:10 p.m. Monday near the intersection of Sand Lake Road and Main Street.
When first responders arrived on scene, they found two heavily damaged vehicles and a utility pole severed at its base.
One of the drivers was unresponsive in the driver's seat.
Onalaska Police officers and the driver of the second vehicle did CPR on the person until the Onalaska Fire Department arrived.
Three people were taken to Gundersen Health. The driver of one of the vehicles was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The other two people involved were being treated for non-life threatening injuries, according to Onalaska Police.
The names of the people involved are being withheld until family is notified. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Anyone with information or who may have witnessed the crash is asked to call Onalaska Police at (608) 781-9550.
Main Street between 11th Ave. to Sand Lake Road remain closed for more than 5 hours while crews completed utility repairs.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 2 men fined, banned 15 years from hunting for illegal shining, shooting of deer
- DNA on discarded cigarette leads to homicide charges
- Minnesota unemployement rate holds steady, 7,400 jobs added in October
- Report: Wisconsin taxes have dropped over past 2 decades
- Person rescued after falling through thin ice in Monroe County
- Pence to visit Wisconsin, Indiana next week
- UPDATE: Rose Street fire was condemned property
- NFL moves Green Bay-San Francisco into prime time on Nov. 24
- 2 people from Onalaska, 1 from Minnesota City injured in Winona County crash
- La Crosse Pettibone Park to reopen