BANGOR, Wis. (WKBT) - Police officers responded to a single vehicle accident on state highway 162 that resulted in one fatality near Bangor just before 10 a.m. Saturday.
The driver of the vehicle, identified as 41-year-old Justin Scheel, was pronounced dead at the site of the crash. He was the only person in the vehicle.
The La Crosse County Sheriff Office, Bangor first responders and The Bangor Fire Department responded to the scene.
The highway was closed from 10 a.m. to around 1 p.m.
Officials said speed appears to be a contributing factor and the accident is still under investigation.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school
- Apothik's return helps usher in food truck season in downtown La Crosse