STODDARD, Wis. (WKBT) - The Vernon County Sheriff’s Office has released information about a fatal motorcycle accident that happened Saturday night.
The Sheriff’s Office says that Michael R. Long, 61, of De Soto, died last night after he struck a dog while traveling southbound on Highway 35. The accident happened at about 9:20 p.m. about 4 minutes south of Stoddard.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office was assisted at the scene by the Wisconsin State Patrol, Stoddard Fire Department, Genoa Fire Department, and Tri State Ambulance.
The Sheriff’s Office says the accident is still under investigation and ask that anybody with further information call them at 608-637-2123.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Gundersen Health System receives $15.6 million grant for cancer research
- 'Cop on a Rooftop' event supports Special Olympics
- Evers creates new office to reach carbon-free goal
- La Crosse County Board votes down financial support for La Crosse Center
- Impact of tariffs felt at lumber business in Onalaska
- Resource for foster parents in Monroe County looking for community support
- Caledonia rides nation's longest winning streak into 2019
- Kornfest 2019 to serve up "cobs" of fun
- Gamers galore at this years 'Coulee Con'
- Public can tour Coulee Region houses during 'Parade of Homes'