STODDARD, Wis. (WKBT) - The Vernon County Sheriff’s Office has released information about a fatal motorcycle accident that happened Saturday night.
The Sheriff’s Office says that Michael R. Long, 61, of De Soto, died last night after he struck a dog while traveling southbound on Highway 35. The accident happened at about 9:20 p.m. about 4 minutes south of Stoddard.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office was assisted at the scene by the Wisconsin State Patrol, Stoddard Fire Department, Genoa Fire Department, and Tri State Ambulance.
The Sheriff’s Office says the accident is still under investigation and ask that anybody with further information call them at 608-637-2123.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- $1M bail for teen charged in Wisconsin school officer attack
- GOP support grows to legalize medical marijuana in Wisconsin
- UWL professor accused of sexual harassment leaving university, declines to respond to investigation
- La Crosse area businesses give students with special needs a day they won't forget
- No charges in officer involved shooting in Leon
- Teens bring cards to terminally ill man
- Death of inmate at Columbia prison under investigation
- Middleton-Cross Plains high schools closed due to threats
- Sunny But Cold Today... Chance Light Snow Late Tonight Into Thursday
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater La Crosse host Winter Fine Arts Concert