ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - More than 30 people are being laid off at Gander Mountain's Onalaska location.
The retail chain filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in March and was bought by Camping World.
A layoff notice from the Department of Workforce Development says a total of 371 people at 9 Wisconsin locations will be laid off by the end of August. That includes 32 in Onalaska.
However, Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis says on Twitter that all of the laid off employees will eventually be re-hired by the new company which will be called 'Gander Outdoors.'
- UW System receives $4 million in broadband funding
- Tomah woman inspires others with her amazing determination
- Republican field grows in race to replace Ryan
- Multiple candidates register to run for state treasurer
- City planners say Herberger's liquidation changes the way communities must look at retail
- American Girl closing Wilmot operations
- Winona State students raise awareness about mental health and suicide
- La Crosse's mayor holds 'Coffee with Kabat'
- Westby freshman adjusts quickly to new sport
- Wisconsin unemployment remains at record-low 2.9 percent