ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Onalaska's newest city official began his administrative duties this week.
Eric Rindfleisch was hired as the city's first City Administrator. Rindfleisch began learning his responsibilities Monday, saying he is excited to pave the way for a new position.
"To be able to work with the existing elected officials who had the vision for this position, and then work with the staff who also have some expectations, and kind of create the role and not try to replace a role,” said Rindfleisch.
While not an elected official, Rindfleisch says he understands his position still reflects public decisions.
Rindfleisch's responsibilities will range from planning and zoning, to city budget and economic development.
- Carfentanyl makes its way to La Crosse, leading to more doses of Narcan
- Heart attack survivor praises exercise as life-changing
- La Crosse man charged with assault, woman hid in gas station
- Car goes through ice on Lake Onalaska, owner rescued
- Federal tuition tax deduction back on the books
- First public meeting held on Trane All-Abilities Park funding campaign
- Gander Outdoors opens in Onalaska
- Students learn robotics, design during first-hand lesson on engineering at Trane
- Public meeting held on Hwy. 35 reconstruction plan
- Local students hold candlelight vigil for Florida school shooting victims