LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - We'll be finding out who the new Oktoberfest festmaster is a little earlier than usual this year.
Oktoberfest is moving its annual Festmaster's Ball from the Friday during Oktoberfest to more than a month before the Fest on August 26th.
Organizers say the change is being made in order to make the Festmaster and Frau the first members of the Royal Family to be announced, instead of the last.
"It was hard for that Festmaster to go halfway through that Oktoberfest celebration and be introduced at that midway point, so it gives them an oppportunity to enjoy and experience the whole Fest," said Oktoberfest operations manager Courtney Daniels.
Organizers say they hope more members of the community will be able to attend the ball now that it won't be held during the Fest.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill