LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It's graduation day in La Crosse for law enforcement officers from around the state.
36 officers from around Wisconsin celebrated the completion of a leadership course today in La Crosse.
The course is designed to teach the officers how to deal with the psychological impact of police work.
Officers taking the class learn from more than just the instructor.
"The sole premise is to sort of remove them from the walls of their department and get some perspective from 35 other law enforcement professionals from around the state to compare and contrast problems and opportunities that the other agencies see,” said Leadership In Police Organizations instructor Kyle Teynor.
The course is run by the Wisconsin Department of Justice.
- Flood victims need help before winter
- Police find 2 dead adults, look for missing 13-year-old
- 2 killed in car that collided with Bethel team bus
- Minnesota man charged with rape of 12-year-old girl
- Security breach at Wisconsin National Guard unit; 3 arrested
- Body of missing toddler found in Waupaca County river
- Pet adoption event takes place at Petco
- Area girls scouts will see new STEM programs
- Tour of Upper Living showcases downtown La Crosse
- WAFER hosts open house to thank donors