LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The latest advancements in nursing and healthcare are the focus of an event Thursday in La Crosse.
Current and prospective nurses gathered for the annual Nursing Research on the Green Conference at Viterbo University. The 15th annual event helped care providers share research and clinical practice innovations through key speakers and breakout sessions.
Nursing educators say it all comes down to providing the best care possible.
"It takes collaboration for the best nursing care, and when you bring the minds together of all the wonderful nurses who are here, we can be assured that best practices are going to be respected and followed,” said Western Technical College Nursing Educator Cindy Cassellius.
Thursday’s conference also addressed healthcare within the veteran population.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill