LA CROSSE, Wisc. (WKBT) - Renovation plans for a historic building on La Crosse's north side are nearly finalized.
La Crosse's common council approved the sale of the former Buzz's Bikes building on Rose Street in 2017. Renovation plans include two apartments on the second floor, and a new holistic wellness center on the first floor.
City officials say they expect to house tenants in the upstairs apartments within the next couple of months.
"This is really a staple building in this community. So it was really important to the neighbors and to the people of this community to make sure that we could preserve every old building that we could that's worth it... and this building was really worth it," says Economic Development Planner, Andrea Schnick.
The renovation plans will be discussed and possibly finalized at a Design Review Committee in La Crosse on Friday.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Attack on Saudi Arabian oil facility could increase U.S. gas prices
- UPDATE: One dead, three with life-threatening injuries in crash near Cashton
- Onalaska man wins big in the Wisconsin Lottery
- Police identify Onalaska man killed in stabbing near Milwaukee
- Proposed La Crosse capital improvement budget includes $28.5 million in new borrowing
- La Crosse PD K9 to retire early
- Lawyer: Ex-Wisconsin nurse to plead guilty to hurting babies
- Police: Victim of fatal stabbing near Milwaukee from Onalaska
- Grand Crossing Trail closed until Thursday
- Wisconsin man accused of making THC cartridges charged