LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The North and South Community Libraries in La Crosse will be closed today due to a state-wide outage.
The outage of the BadgerNet system is affecting libraries and government buildings across the state.
According to a press release from the La Crosse Public Library, service with their connected cooling, internet and phone services at both community branch library locations has been lost. Both locations will be closed for the remainder of the day due to public safety concerns and lack of available library services.
The Main Street Library is open regular hours today, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and is providing library services, though they are experiencing minor service outages due to the BadgerNet outage including the library Wifi.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- More river cruise boats could come to La Crosse
- Name released in Jackson Co. fatal crash
- Town of Gale and surrounding areas bouncing back after tornado
- Coon Valley officials to host Trout Fest despite more flood damage
- Group of tubers rescued on Black River
- Home sales slump in Wisconsin as compared to 2018
- Open house Tuesday for La Crosse's outgoing chief of police
- La Crosse Concert Band makes donation to Bandshell Consortium
- Preserving more than 14,000 acres of forest land approved
- Businesses favored GOP with cash in first half of 2019