LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new recreational opportunity in our area is open in La Crosse.
A ribbon cutting was held Friday for the Chad Erikson Connector Trail.
The nearly half mile trail connects Chad Erikson Memorial Park to State Road Elementary School.
La Crosse Parks and Recreation officials hope the trail draws attention to area recreational opportunities.
"I think it is good exposure for this park in itself, to I know Trane uses it, I know that State Road [Elementary] uses it as well, but that trail just really connects it and brings it all together, into the community," Tracy Rudi, Recreation Coordinator with the City of La Crosse.
The new trail is paved, ADA accessible and can be used in all weather conditions.
- Groundbreaking begins for La Crosse affordable housing units
- La Crosse police remind parade goers of city ordinance
- La Crosse authorities say missing man now person of interest in home invasion
- Presenting sponsor announced for Maple Leaf parade
- School District of Onalaska scheduled two referendum listening sessions
- College democrats, republicans try to turn around low voter turnout
- Railroad leaders educate Winona officials during National Railroad Safety Week
- Turned Leaf Family Festival returns to La Crosse
- Funding road repairs brings discussion in La Crosse
- La Crosse SOTA II students contribute to city park renovation