LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A group of area kids is getting a sneak peek at the new McDonald's on La Crosse's north side.
The McDonald's on George Street was forced to temporarily close in February and move because of the Exit 3 construction project. A new state-of-the-art location was built just down the road from the old location and is opening soon.
Kids from the Boys and Girls Club were invited to be the first guests at the new restaurant on Tuesday.
When the rest of the public visits for the first time later this week, they'll notice some big changes, including new self-ordering kiosks.
"Our customers have the opportunity to click on a digital screen where they can pick their favorite menu item, they can customize their menu item, see nutrition information, as well as pay at the kiosk or go to the front counter and pay," said McDonald's brand director Kristina Schoh.
If you don't want to use the new kiosks, you can still order at the front counter, too.
The new McDonald's location will officially open for business at 5 a.m. on Thursday.
- Tornado Watch for News 8 Viewing Area
- Tomah VA mental health summit focuses on exposure therapy for veterans
- Skeletal remains found in Tomah
- Bon-Ton acquired by CSG Generation, may reopen stores in Wisconsin
- Motive unknown in Middleton office shooting; Officials update condition of victims
- 15-year-old arrested after teen was shot on metro bus full of students
- D.A. candidates discuss recall election, views on position
- Winona Health finalizes building plans with YMCA
- Job Fair provides opportunities for job seekers
- Here, Hear to bring local history alive for local students