WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - The West Salem School Board has appointed a middle school associate principal.
Out of 42 applicants, the school board selected Amanda Beld.
Ben Wopat, principal at West Salem Middle School says, “We were fortunate to have a strong pool of candidates. During the process we really focused on applicants who ‘lived Middle School.' By that I mean candidates who could demonstrate a daily commitment to supporting middle school students. Amanda has a student centered approach, and we're excited to add her to our team.”
Beld was a seventh grade teacher at Onalaska Middle School for the past three years. Prior to that, she was a sixth grade teacher at West Salem Middle School for 13 years.
Beld earned her bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, a master’s degree in Professional Development from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse and her Principal Certification from Viterbo University.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Wisconsin hemp bill changed to appease law enforcement
- Man dies following weekend boating accident on Mississippi River
- UPDATE: Pilot dies in Vernon County aircraft crash
- DNR board to consider rule closing grouse season early
- Court: Man properly convicted of making Facebook threats
- Authorities: 3 people put body in river to hide drug death
- Wisconsin woman gets 9 months in jail for harming her baby
- Man implicated in missing brothers case charged in Kansas
- Employee accused of threatening Menards distribution center
- Exotic lizard found hiding under steps of Onalaska home