LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy, at 129 6th Street South, will display the works of 25 artists for its first art exhibition.
The exhibit, entitled Shift, will debut Friday, March 2 and run through May 4, 2018, a release said.
"Shift calls attention to the normalcy of our daily routines by juxtaposing it against the dramatic changes, or shifts, that punctuate our lives. The exhibition is a reflection of change, which often accompanies growth, development, trauma, and grief. Each submission captured these catalyzing events in a unique way, providing the audience with a mirror to understand the ways in which we adapt to see ourselves and our new normal," Melissa Fannin said.
Artists were invited to submit artwork that represented a shift, dramatic change, and/or a transformation in their lives. Some examples include experiences of depression, major surgeries, physical accidents, stress relief, and friendship.
Jennifer Fisher Jones
Lisa M Harper
Proceeds from the exhibit's sales will help offset instrument rental fees for area children through a fund set up by Old Towne Strings.
For more information visit www.fannincounseling.com.
- Sparta PE teacher arrested for sexual conduct with teenager
- RECALL: Kidde Dual Sensor Smoke Alarms
- La Crosse police arrest drug dealer awaiting trial
- Four students in custody for making threats at Eau Claire high school
- Northside students learn about high school life during 'Operation: Exploration'
- National music honor society creates new chapter in Holmen
- Dairy farmer Loren Oldenburg announces campaign for WI 96th Assembly District
- La Crosse County authorities arrest four on burglary charges
- Couple charged for keeping hundreds of animals in home
- Father of starved girl pleads guilty to assault