LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy, at 129 6th Street South, will display the works of 25 artists for its first art exhibition.
The exhibit, entitled Shift, will debut Friday, March 2 and run through May 4, 2018, a release said.
"Shift calls attention to the normalcy of our daily routines by juxtaposing it against the dramatic changes, or shifts, that punctuate our lives. The exhibition is a reflection of change, which often accompanies growth, development, trauma, and grief. Each submission captured these catalyzing events in a unique way, providing the audience with a mirror to understand the ways in which we adapt to see ourselves and our new normal," Melissa Fannin said.
Artists were invited to submit artwork that represented a shift, dramatic change, and/or a transformation in their lives. Some examples include experiences of depression, major surgeries, physical accidents, stress relief, and friendship.
Jennifer Fisher Jones
Lisa M Harper
Proceeds from the exhibit's sales will help offset instrument rental fees for area children through a fund set up by Old Towne Strings.
For more information visit www.fannincounseling.com.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill