BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - Authorities release the name of the person who died in a single car crash in Jackson County Friday.
The sheriff's department says the driver, 46-year-old Katina Russo of Black River Falls, was killed.
A passerby came upon a pick-up truck overturned in a field in the area of County Road X and Young Road in the Township of Albion.around 5:00 Friday morning.
Russo was thrown from the pick-up and died at the scene.
A passenger in the pick-up, 55-year-old Karyn Behling of Black River Falls, was taken to the hospital, but the extent of her injuries are unknown.
This story has been updated following an updated news release from the Jackson County Sheriff's Office with a correction of the deceased individual's name. It was previously released as Katina Russon and is now corrected to Katina Russo.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Law signed by President Trump could extend benefits to more Vietnam War veterans
- Cyclist raising awareness, funds to help decrease mass shootings
- Sen. Tammy Baldwin supports funding for Mississippi River locks and dams
- Major League Fishing REDCREST Tournament kicks-off
- Health tips from experts about Fall allergies
- Breast Cancer study closes enrollment after more than 500 enroll
- Temporary lane closure on Losey Blvd. on La Crosse's southside
- Area nonprofits receive "Swipe Out Hunger" donations
- 678 drivers cited during first week of hands-free law in Minnesota
- 2 arrested on drug charges in Black River Falls