BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - The Jackson County Sheriff's Office responded to three traffic crashes Wednesday morning related to heavy fog.
A car vs train accident was reported in the Town of Alma.
Multiple agencies were called to the area of Garage Road off of Highway 12 in the Town of Alma for a report of a car that was hit by a train.
The condition of the driver of the car is unknown at this time. More information on the crash may be released later.
Authorities said motorists need to yield at uncontrolled railroad crossings. A crossbuck sign, which is the white X sign with "railroad crossing" printed on it, is the same as a yield sign.
One person is killed in another area crash on I-94 near Black River Falls.
The Jackson County Sheriff says a 48-year-old man who was driving a U-Haul truck rear-ended a semi trailer at about 3:20 Wednesday morning. The crash happened at about mile marker 114.
The driver of the U-Haul was killed in the crash. His name is not being released until family can be notified.
- Death Cafe hopes to normalize conversations surrounding death
- La Crosse health officials point to vaccinations amid local measles threat
- La Crosse water voted best-tasting in Wisconsin
- Westby native competes on ‘The Price is Right'
- Future of La Crosse's senior centers discussed at Board of Public Works
- Small bookstores in La Crosse feeling nationwide boom
- Construction along Losey Boulevard in La Crosse
- Holmen student awarded first place in statewide competition
- Local educators recognized for achievements
- La Crosse's Jackson Plaza reaches capacity as local business joins shopping center