LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The body of a missing La Crosse man has been found in Nevada.
La Crosse police were notified Thursday morning that the body of 53-year-old Thomas A. Olsen, known by many as T.O., was recovered from Lake Mead, Nevada.
Olsen had been missing since February 27th when he was last seen leaving Ceasars Palace in Las Vegas.
Olsen is one of the owners of the FreightHouse restaurant in La Crosse.
Lake Mead National Recreation Area Park Rangers located Olsen's abandoned car at a scenic overlook. It appeared to have been there for several days. Investigators confirmed it was rented by Olsen.
Rangers, with assistance from the Nevada Department of Wildlife K-9 units and Red Rock search and rescue teams conducted a search of the area. A body matching the description of Olsen was found fifteen feet from shore near the overlook.
The cause of death is under investigation by the Lake Mead National Recreation Area Park Rangers and the Clark County Medical Examiner's Office.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill