PAYNESVILLE, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say an elderly couple from central Minnesota reported missing along with a man who lived with them has been found dead in their vehicle.
Stearns County sheriff's officials say 93-year-old Wilbert Scheel and his 80-year-old wife, Gloria Scheel, were found dead in their Prius about 5 p.m. Thursday in Kandiyohi County.
Officials say the adult male reported missing along with the couple from Paynesville was taken into custody in Kandiyohi County about four hours later. Jail records show he was arrested for drunken driving.
Sheriff's officials say the Scheel's family members became concerned after the couple missed an appointment and could not be found. They were last been seen Wednesday morning at a grocery store in Paynesville.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly
- Milwaukee health officials issue synthetic marijuana alert
- Child abuse prevention month walk brings together family for final event
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Is coffee causing you to be dehydrated? Study says no