MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A woman who battled cancer 20 years ago is back at the St. Paul hospital that diagnosed and treated, but this time she's a doctor.
WCCO-TV reports that Jen Pratt was about 11-years-old when she decided she wanted to become a physician. Pratt underwent chemotherapy to battle bone cancer for about a year and had surgery at Children's St. Paul to remove a tumor in her leg.
Now she gets to work alongside some of the nurses who treated her about two decades ago.
Make-A-Wish Minnesota also had a big impact on her childhood. Pratt used her wish to go to Disney World and stayed at the Give Kids the World resort during the trip. She'll be returning there this fall as a volunteer.
Information from: WCCO-TV, http://www.wcco.com
- 90-year-old La Crosse woman prepares special gift for family
- Winona man sentenced in 3-year-old daughter's death
- Pence in Wisconsin for fundraiser, tax forum
- AG wants every school to get some safety grant dollars
- School District of La Crosse adds new leadership
- Complaint: Beloit mother charged with child neglect had been reported to CPS 40 times before
- Area kids get ‘Fired Up for Science'
- 7 Rivers Alliance to host Workforce Summit to help local employers attract more workers
- Winona man heading to prison for child neglect that resulted in death
- DNR approves pulling Lake Michigan water for Foxconn plant