LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Those living in La Crosse's downtown will soon have access to healthcare a little closer to home.
Mayo Clinic Health System announced Friday plans to open a clinic inside La Crosse's Belle Square development. The 6,500 square foot clinic will offer primary and acute care, and wellness services.
Clinic managers are excited about the new location, hoping it will better meet the healthcare needs for downtown employers and residents.
"That's what this whole design is focused on, that's how we're staffing for it, we're extending our hours, we're here on weekends, just to make sure we're here when people need us to be here and we're catering to their needs,” said Mayo Clinic Health System V.P. of Primary Care Eric Erickson.
The Belle Square Mayo Clinic is expected to open late this spring.
- Kendhammer attorneys could appeal, request new trial
- Stand off ends in La Crosse with man in custody
- La Crosse's mayor responds to council overrriding his veto
- Local cancer patients, families receive personalized quilts
- 'Drive sober or get pulled over' campaign kicks off
- City of La Crosse to consider history, cultural museum
- Colgan Air in La Crosse celebrates new addition
- Rotary Lights in need of donated ice skates
- New Wisconsin law allows Paramedics, EMT's to provide care in home
- News 8 Sports Round Up-December 15, 2017