LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - In honor of this weekend's Earth Day, a local health provider will host a recycling event.
Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse will offer a free electronics waste and cell phone recycling site this Saturday. Anyone can bring in old electronics they are trying to get rid of.
Mayo officials say it's a good chance to dig through old and broken electronics.
"We want all your waste. I've been picking up from different sites all week and I know I've found stuff that's probably been buried for at least 10 years with the amount of dust and debris on things,” said Mayo Clinic Health System Director of Environmental Services Dave Bagniewski.
The electronics drop off site is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Saturday. You can find it at 1109 Market Street, in Mayo Clinic's recycling building. The event is free and open to the public.
Donated cell phones also go to Safe Path, an organization providing assistance to domestic abuse victims.
- Update: One fatality reported following I-90 crash
- More students seek help for sexual assault last semester
- News 8 Sports Round Up-January 20, 2018
- Big 9 Dance conference championships held in Winona
- Right to Life group holds peaceful protest outside Gundersen Medical Center
- Skiers remember a fallen friend while hitting the slopes
- Wis. GOP watching political climate ahead of primaries
- Defense wins championships, or at least the NFC title
- News 8 Highlight Zone - January 19, 2018
- Burglary suspect arrested day after posting bond