LA CROSSE, Wis. (WBKT) - Mayo Clinic Health System has announced that Michael A. Morrey will be the regional chair of administration for Southwest Wisconsin.
Morrey will be working with physician leader Paul Mueller, M.D.
He has been acting as the interim RCA for Southwest Wisconsin since Joe Kruse retired in January. Morrey also worked as the interim RCA for Northwestern Wisconsin during that time. Mayo is searching for Morrey's replacement in Northwestern Wisconsin. Morrey will continue to fill the role of RCA for Northwestern Wisconsin until a transition can take place.
“It has been truly humbling and an honor to be able to serve the patients, families, communities and staff of the Chippewa Valley,” Morrey said, “and I’m looking forward to serving our patients, families and communities in the La Crosse region and working with Dr. Mueller and the fantastic team in La Crosse and Southwest Wisconsin.”
Morrey has previously served as the vice president for Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota.
Morrey has doctorate and master's degrees in kinesiology and a bachelor's degree is psychology.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- US Army Reserve soldiers train for Afghanistan mission at Fort McCoy
- 3 injured in Vernon Co. head-on collision, including 8 week old girl
- Bill passed by Wisconsin Assembly aims to provide funding for homeless
- Illegal turns still a problem at Losey Boulevard and State Road during construction
- La Crosse student killed in multi-vehicle crash identified
- Invasive species in the Mississippi River: What to do when you see Asian Carp
- Republican state senator vows to vote against budget
- A late, but delicious start to strawberry season
- Camp Invention keeps kids learning about STEM fields during summer
- DNR board to vote on permanent catfish season framework