MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - The Wisconsin DNR released a statement saying they are monitoring the impact of a manure spill at a Vernon County farm.
The spill happened on Wednesday at Wild Rose Diary outside of La Farge, and manure has already reached the nearby Otter Creek, according to the DNR. The statement says that farm crews are working to contain the manure, which leaked from a hose that broke while the manure was being transferred. A dam was build to contain the manure, and some of it has been recovered by septic trucks, according to the DNR.
The DNR says they are on-site to find out how much manure was spilled and how it could impact areas downstream of the spill. They say there are reports of dead trout in the area, and they will continue to sample the creek and inspect the cleanup over the weekend.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Gundersen Health System receives $15.6 million grant for cancer research
- 'Cop on a Rooftop' event supports Special Olympics
- Evers creates new office to reach carbon-free goal
- La Crosse County Board votes down financial support for La Crosse Center
- Impact of tariffs felt at lumber business in Onalaska
- Resource for foster parents in Monroe County looking for community support
- Caledonia rides nation's longest winning streak into 2019
- Kornfest 2019 to serve up "cobs" of fun
- Gamers galore at this years 'Coulee Con'
- Public can tour Coulee Region houses during 'Parade of Homes'