WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - Waterloo firefighters have rescued a man who was in a boat that capsized in the ice-cold Cedar River.
Firefighters were called to the river a little before 1:15 p.m. Monday to help two people who'd been in the boat. Battalion Chief Troy Luck says the boat hit some rocks and soon filled with water on the west end of Sans Souci Island.
One of the boaters made it to land, but firefighters in a department boat pulled the other from the river and took him to the ramp near the Waterloo Boat House.
One of the two was taken to a Waterloo hospital. The boaters' names haven't been released.
- Tomah woman inspires others with her amazing determination
- City planners say Herberger's liquidation changes the way communities must look at retail
- Winona State students raise awareness about mental health and suicide
- La Crosse's mayor holds 'Coffee with Kabat'
- Westby freshman adjusts quickly to new sport
- Wisconsin unemployment remains at record-low 2.9 percent
- Walker seeks federal waiver for reinsurance in Wisconsin
- La Crosse pregnancy program reduces time at doctor's office
- Try new local restaurants with Restaurant Week in La Crosse
- Shred event hosted at La Crosse's Western Technical College