BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - A Merrillan man's vehicle was thrown into a ditch after striking a moving Union Pacific train in the Town of Alma Wednesday.
Damian Benedict, 27, was crossing the train tracks on Garage Road when he struck the moving train. The car was thrown into a ditch where it rolled and landed on it's roof.
Authorities said speed and inattentive driving, as well as weather conditions, appear to be contributing factors in the crash.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school
- Apothik's return helps usher in food truck season in downtown La Crosse