TREMPEALEAU, Wis. (WKBT) - Police in Trempealeau say the man whose body was found in the Mississippi River Monday morning took his own life.
The body of David M. Hanson of Holmen was found just before 8 a.m. Monday near the boat dock at the Trempealeau Lock and Dam. There were no abandoned boats in the area and no missing person reports filed before the incident.
An autopsy was conducted in Madison with the Dane County Medical Examiner ruling the cause of death a suicide.
- Kendhammer attorneys could appeal, request new trial
- Stand off ends in La Crosse with man in custody
- La Crosse's mayor responds to council overrriding his veto
- Local cancer patients, families receive personalized quilts
- 'Drive sober or get pulled over' campaign kicks off
- City of La Crosse to consider history, cultural museum
- Colgan Air in La Crosse celebrates new addition
- Rotary Lights in need of donated ice skates
- New Wisconsin law allows Paramedics, EMT's to provide care in home
- News 8 Sports Round Up-December 15, 2017