VIROQUA, Wis. (WKBT) - A man was killed in a well drilling accident in the township of Coon.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office says, a worker from Kouba Well Drilling Inc. died from injuries sustained in an accident Tuesday morning.
William Gene Verbsky, 62, of rural Hillsboro, died at the scene.
Coon Valley First Responders, Tri-State Ambulance, and the Vernon County Coroner's Office assisted the Vernon County Sheriff's Office at the scene.
The accident remains under investigation by the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
- 2 men fined, banned 15 years from hunting for illegal shining, shooting of deer
- DNA on discarded cigarette leads to homicide charges
- Minnesota unemployement rate holds steady, 7,400 jobs added in October
- Report: Wisconsin taxes have dropped over past 2 decades
- Pence to visit Wisconsin, Indiana next week
- UPDATE: Rose Street fire was condemned property
- NFL moves Green Bay-San Francisco into prime time on Nov. 24
- More than 11 rescued from Upper Red Lake ice floe
- Deputy charged with misconduct, marijuana possession
- GET breaks ground on new performing arts center