DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A 26-year-old man died after collapsing near the end of a race in Des Moines.
Des Moines fire officials say the man collapsed Saturday during the EMC DAM to DSM race after apparently suffering a cardiac arrest.
CPR was performed before the man was taken to a local hospital, where he later died.
The man's name has not been released.
A total of 3,464 runners finished the race which starts at Saylorville Dam and ends in downtown Des Moines.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Police seeking help in identifying theft suspect
- Evers issues order to curb PFAS pollution
- Vernon County authorities need assistance in identifying hit & run suspect
- Western Technical College to offer three new programs for automation, animal science and robotics
- Iowa man who killed top golfer from Spain gets life sentence
- Ex-NFL lineman Bennett, wife found dead in Minnesota
- Bee-lieve it: Rare bee spotted in Wisconsin
- White nationalism stickers found in La Crosse neighborhood
- Mayo Clinic Health System to close La Crescent Clinic, transition services to other locations
- Great River Folk Fest brings music to area kids