MADISON, Wis. - A Marshall man reached into a crashed car to take the keys from a suspected drunken driver who was attempting to start the car, according to a release from Madison police.
The 34-year-old man was on his way home from work when he came upon a two-car crash early Sunday morning in the 2000 block of East Washington Avenue. Police said that when he checked on the cars, he found a suspected drunken driver behind the wheel.
Police said the driver was uninjured. He got out of the car to relieve himself before getting back in and attempting to start it when the Marshall man reached in to remove the keys from the ignition.
The driver ran off as police were called.
Officers said they spotted the driver running between houses on Fourth Street. Shantell Washington, 40, of Sun Prairie, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, hit-and-run and operating while revoked.
- School and other weather related closings/delays for Monday, February 19
- Genzie's Gameday Pub hosts 2nd annual soup cook-off for the troops
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Robotics teams from all over the region meet for a preseason scrimmage
- Doctors emphasize the benefits of exercising at target heart rate
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- WIAA boys basketball playoff brackets released
- Lazzaris adds international flair to state meet
- Central-Logan boys skiers highlight day 2 of Ski & Snowboard Championships
- La Crosse officials help foster parents make scrap books