LA CROSSE, Wis. - A long-time department store in the Valley View Mall closed its doors for the last time Sunday.
Macy's, which has been an anchor store at the mall since 1980, closed for good Sunday.
The company announced back in January that it would close 68 stores to save money.
The store originally opened as Dayton's, then Marshal Field's and finally Macy's back in 2006.
As of two weeks ago, mall officials were still working on what will replace the store.
- La Crosse County remains in need of foster parents
- New vaccine protects adults against Hepatitis B
- La Crosse mayor calls on Trump administration to back fuel standards
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- ‘Suits for Success' event collecting new, gently used professional clothing for job seekers
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'Right to Try' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'straw' gun purchases bill
- The Pump House brings back the Herons of La Crosse
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Settlement related to defective Takata airbag system reached